Abstract submission is now closed.
Many thanks for submitting your abstracts. They are currently under review. Notification to abstract authors will be done on 15 May. Stay tuned!
Submissions were invited in the following categories (in alphabetic order):
- Alcohol, drugs and medicines related injuries
- Brain injuries
- Burns and Fire Prevention
- Child and adolescent safety
- Consumer product safety and safety of services
- Falls in older people
- Home safety
- Interpersonal violence
- Intervention design, monitoring and evaluation
- Occupational safety
- Prevention of intoxications
- Road safety
- Safe Communities
- Safety legislation and enforcement
- Safety promotion policies and action plans
- Self-harm and suicide prevention
- Sport and recreation
- Surveillance, research methods, and evaluation
- Technology – solutions and applications for safety
- Water safety and drowning prevention
The conference will also address cross-cutting issues such as: good practices in injury surveillance, translating research into practice and policy; innovations in safety education, communications and social marketing; and technological developments."
- All abstracts for short paper presentations must be submitted before 10 April, 2019 ;
- Abstracts must include a clear title (max. 20 words) and name of author who acts as presenter underlined (including author’s affiliation and e-mail address) ;
- Please structure your abstract using the following headings:
1. Introduction 2. Methods 3. Results 4. Conclusion
- The length of the abstract text should be between 300-400 words (in clear English) ;
- Tables, charts and other graphics are not permitted ;
- After having submitted your abstract, you will receive a confirmation of receipt by e-mail ;
- Abstracts will be reviewed by at least 2 members of the Programme Committee ;
- Authors will be notified of acceptance as of 15 May 2019 by email with a request to register before 15/06/2019, the early bird deadline ;
- Abstract authors must register for the conference before 15 June 2019. Registration ensures publication and presentation ;
- All accepted abstracts will be published in an abstract book that will be printed, distributed among the participants and published on the conference website after the event.
If you need any further information on the programme and abstract submission process, please contact the programme coordinator via e-mail: email@example.com
The organisers are seeking funds for making a limited number of scholarships available. By early April 2019 we expect to be able to provide definitive confirmation as to the number of scholarships available and manner of support, which will basically consist of fee-waivers.
The following conditions will be set to scholarship applications:
- The main author should be based in the WHO-European Region ;
- Main author’s abstract shall be reviewed and accepted for presentation ate EU-Safety 2019 ;
- A request for scholarship shall be sent in before 10 April 2019 ;
- Notification of acceptance of request will be sent out mid-May: scholar shall complete the full registration by 15 June 2019.
A preliminary request for scholarship support can be sent to Dritan Bejko at the Luxembourg Institute of Health: Dritan.Bejko@lih.lu.
In collaboration with
Supported by the Luxembourg National Research Fund